This prospectus contains forward-looking statements. Some of the matters discussed concerning our business operations and financial performance include forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities Act or the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, or the Exchange Act.
Statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or refer to future events or conditions or that include words such as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar expressions are forward-looking statements. Although we believe that these forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, these statements are subject to several risks and uncertainties and are made in light of information currently available to us.
Our forward-looking statements may be influenced by factors, including the following:
- General economic, political and business conditions in our company’s markets, both in Brazil and abroad, including demand and prices for petrochemical products;
- Interest rate, commodity price, inflation and exchange rate volatility;
- The cyclical nature of the Brazilian and global petrochemical industries;
- Our ability to obtain financing on satisfactory terms;
- Actions taken by our major shareholders and other shareholders with convertible securities entitling them to acquire significant numbers of our shares;
- Prices of naphtha and other raw materials;
- Decisions rendered in pending major tax, labor and other legal proceedings;
- Final decisions by Brazilian antitrust authorities regarding recent acquisitions by our company; and
- Other factors identified or discussed under Risk Factors.